Position Summary: National Walk Manager will play a key role in “Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis”, the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's largest fundraising event – raising $11+ million annually from 130 walks nationwide. The National Walk Manager will be responsible for securing, managing and cultivating key relationships and partnerships that drive significant revenue increases for Take Steps annually. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for achieving goals and budgets for volunteer and revenue development by working as a player/coach with Regional Directors, Chapter Executive Directors, Take Steps staff and volunteers.
- Four-year college degree
- 5 to 7 years of related fundraising/event/walk experience
- Volunteer development and committee management
- Team development and corporate sponsorship
- Strategic-thinking and project management expertise
- Excellent relationship-building, influence & resiliency
- High standards for internal and external customer service
- Sense of humor
- Flexible to change
- Believe in and value the mission of the Foundation
- Media partnerships a plus
- Travel approximately 30-35% (may increase during Spring walk season)
- Must possess a good credit history
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Achieve annual fundraising revenue goal of approximately $2 million with respect to 5-7 assigned Chapters and 15-20 walks.
- Partner with Area Vice Presidents, Regional/Chapter Executive Directors, and Chapter Take Steps staff with respect to annual strategy meeting, data and revenue tracking, budgeting and forecasting, volunteer engagement and development, staff development, impactful committees and events and strong mission presence in every element of campaign. Align Chapter and National goals.
- Develop and deliver tools and training for Chapters to maximize their ability to effectively prospect, recruit, manage and cultivate high-level volunteers, revenue committees, walk teams and media partners on a local level.
- Develop and deliver tools and training for Chapters to maximize their ability to effectively secure corporate partnerships – teams, sponsorships, promotions - on a local level.
- Develop and deliver tools and training for Chapters to maximize their ability to effectively plan and execute walks, kickoff parties and awards party on a local level.
- In partnership with Regional/Chapter Executive Directors and Take Steps staff identify and qualify prospects, develop appropriate proposals, and make presentations to companies (with a focus on high value companies – cash, budget-relieving in-kind) that build new corporate teams and sponsors and/or further engage existing teams/sponsors.
- In partnership with Regional/Chapter Executive Directors and Take Steps staff identify and qualify prospects, develop appropriate proposals, and make presentations to expand existing media partnerships and develop new partnerships.
- Partner with Regional/Chapter Executive Directors and Take Steps staff to identify and qualify annual Corporate Revenue Chair and Revenue Committee prospects, prepare appropriate materials, secure and cultivate.
- Work with all levels of employees and volunteers across the organization and build/manage/cultivate relationships and share best practices.
- Develop and lead onboarding plan for new Chapter Take Steps staff aligned with Chapter and National goals.
- Partner with Regional/Chapter Executive Directors with respect to Chapter staff vacancy plan and provide key coverage needed.
- Play key role in annual national Take Steps staff conference.
- Develop and adhere to national standards, guidelines, tools and practices.
- Frequent collaboration with other National Managers.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Work Environment: Travel is required during weeknights and weekends. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working remotely.
Note: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.