POSITION SUMMARY: The Campaign Manager is responsible for the preparation and management of the Foundation’s spin4 crohn’s & colitis cures event happening in November 2017. It is a high energy indoor cycling event to raise funds and awareness for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. The Campaign Manager is responsible for marketing, recruiting, committee development, fundraising, and logistics to guarantee success of the spin4 crohn’s & colitis cures program. Additionally, this position works with each individual participant to ensure their fundraising success. This is a part-time contract position from hire date to execution of the event in early/mid November.
- College graduate or equivalent experience.
- Minimum three to five years in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events
- Applicable skills in strategic planning and budgeting, volunteer development and supervision.
- Self-motivated, results oriented manager with strong organizational skills.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral. Marketing and public relations preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Manage a plan of work, based on specific income goals and timelines, for the successful completion of assigned special events.
- Take a lead role in planning and implementing special event.
- Collaborate with local partners and vendors.
- Recruit volunteer leaders and committee members to assist in implementing the development work plan. Manage volunteer leaders and committee members for the event, program or activity. Serve as a consultant and resource to volunteers in planning and implementing their tasks and/or responsibilities. Assure appropriate utilization of volunteer skills and resources and provide guidance in carrying out assignments and recognition for their time and effort.
- Coordinate and implement elements of promotional and marketing activities to create brand awareness and generate program interest with community outreach.
- Recruit and register volunteers to fundraise and attend the event.
- Manage budget (income and expenses) and work plan (with timelines and deliverables) for the successful completion of assigned events.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for assigned fundraising events, programs and activities and routinely review the status of each with the Executive Director and National Manager.
- Research and identify individuals and corporations that have potential to support the event. Prepare letters of inquiry, funding requests and other materials to solicit funds, schedule presentations and follow-up as appropriate. Prepare regular progress reports to supporters.
- Coordinate the production of collateral materials related fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Manage public relations and promotion for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Participate in ongoing discussions with the Executive Director/National Manager with regard to current fundraising events and developing and implementing new initiatives.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support new and/or proposed fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Keep abreast of National Headquarters activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and the foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of Foundation facilities, equipment and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, the incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employees must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Note: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION OF AMERICA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.