About us: The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation is a dynamic organization serving 1.6 million IBD patients in the United States through its research programs and a wide array of patient services. The Foundation has seen 50% revenue growth in the last 5 years and allocates over 80 cents of every dollar raised to its mission activities. The Foundation’s core values of accountability, communication, compassion, integrity, leadership and partnership inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
Position Description: Walk Coordinator will be responsible for raising the annual goal through strategic planning, volunteer recruitment and management, and creative thinking to execute The Foundation's walk campaign, Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis in Colorado and Utah. This position will support the Community Manager and Executive Director with Walk fundraising, marketing/media outreach and coordinate the logistics for Take Steps Walk campaign. The Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of The Foundation and its programs to address the mission of the organization. This is a 20 hour per week part-time position.
- Demonstrate successful fundraising and/or nonprofit event experience.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Great verbal and written communications skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required; ability to cold call, grow local contacts and build and nurture effective business relationships to increase The Foundation's visibility, brand awareness, volunteers, and revenue.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Must be able and willing to travel throughout assigned geographic area and to work evenings early mornings and weekends, as necessary.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Walk Fundraising
- Communicate with walk team captains to support their fundraising efforts
- Partner with Community Manager to secure corporate donations for Take Steps. These will be implemented through sponsorships, corporate teams or cause marketing strategies.
- Support Community Manager for benefits tracking and post-event ROI reports
Marketing and Media Outreach
- Develop a marketing and promotional plan to enhance visibility and increase community awareness and participation for Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis.
- Communications--management and execution of email campaigns/newsletters, social media posts, gathering of content, and letters/postcard production for mail campaigns
- Help secure in-kind media donations
- Community outreach plan execution--in person meetings, community presentations, tabling
- Printing and prepping marketing materials for walk including posters, flyers, and banners
- Deliver various Take Steps and Education materials to GI offices
- Financial payment processing for teams and sponsors
- Volunteer recruitment--online postings, emails; volunteer coordination for Day of Event
- Day of Event logistics--vendor selection, vendor orders, layout, city permits
- Order all incentives for walk day
- Inventory of supplies and ordering needed supplies, t-shirts, etc
- Kickoff: site selection, logistics, program materials and power point presentation
Physical Demands & Work Environment: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
NOTE: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.