Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant provides clerical support for all chapter activities in accordance with The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s policies and procedures.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of administrative/office support experience.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications preferred, Raiser’s Edge a plus).
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage the daily operations of the office.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and other chapter staff.
- Perform general clerical functions including filing, copying, faxing, non-profit bulk mail procedures.
- Answer the telephone and greet visitors.
- Maintain office supplies and office equipment.
- Process tributes and memorials.
- Provide clerical support and assistance for events, programs and activities.
- Assist with preparation of newsletter and other publications.
- Responsible for all financial transactions including accounts payable and accounts receivable. Maintain appropriate supporting documentation.
- Perform periodic and required close-out functions including reconciliation of accounts and preparation of monthly statements and related reports as needed for Executive Director.
- Forward all required financial reports to National Headquarters by required deadlines.
- Manage database including routine acknowledgement letters and receipts, monthly additions, changes, and update reports.
- Maintain chapter web page on the national web site.
- Support board and committee activities by coordinating meetings, meal and location logistics, meeting packets/materials as needed.
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local region while advancing The Foundation’s mission, goals and values.
- Keep abreast of National Headquarters activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and the foundations strategic plan and operations.
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of The Foundation’s facilities, equipment and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Note: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.