Position summary: The Executive Director is responsible for the implementation of The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation's mission by empowering volunteers to expand the network of donors and volunteers, developing enduring relationships, and driving increased contributed support. This individual will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness within the community. The Executive Director provides professional leadership to the Greater New York Chapter and is accountable for local community management, including the Chapter's special events, individual and foundation gifts, and Take Steps walk campaign.
- BA/BS degree
- Five to seven years in not-for-profit fundraising or association management
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation, public relations and stewardship
- Previous experience in the identifying, recruiting and partnering with volunteers
- Proven applicable skills in strategic thinking, committee leadership, account management and volunteer development
- Experience with influence management and persuasive authority over employees
- Experience in varied forms of communications including – mass media, advertising and community relations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, experience with donor and event management software
- Good Credit History
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Build confidence and trust in the Foundation as the Chapter's lead staff person
- Work with volunteer leadership to recruit, develop and motivate high-impact volunteers to the Chapter Board of Directors and Chapter committees
- Ensure the achievement of Chapter revenue targets
- Work to identify, cultivate and collaborate with donors and revenue partners to maximize impact on fundraising campaigns
- Steward relationships with specified major gift and foundation prospects
- Identify and partner with Take Steps and fundraising event volunteer leaders and corporate sponsors
- Provide leadership to chapter staff by facilitating communication across functional areas
- Develop Chapter staff to be effective at fundraising and community engagement and encourage camaraderie in the workplace
- Direct administration of chapter financials, budget and operational plans
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, the incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Work Environment: Some travel is required during weeknights and weekends. This position requires the individual to be out of the office and in the community.
Note: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.