About us: The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation is a dynamic organization serving 1.6 million IBD patients in the United States through its research programs and a wide array of patient services. Our mission is to cure Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis and to improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. The Foundation has seen 50% revenue growth in the last 5 years and allocates at least 80 cents of every dollar raised to its mission activities. The Foundation has been recognized by Consumer Reports as one of the top non-profits to invest in and consistently receives high ratings from Charity Navigator. The Foundation’s core values of accountability, communication, compassion, integrity, leadership and partnership inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
Position Summary: The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation Northern California Education Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing and funding the education and support programming in the northern half of the state of California. The preferred candidate will reside in the San Francisco metropolitan area. This is a full-time salaried position.
Reports to: The Education Coordinator directly reports to the CA Education Manager and indirectly to the Senior Director, Field Education & Camp Oasis.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Advise California Education Manager on annual education plan for Northern California Chapter focusing on major markets
- Manage all strategic and logistical aspects of patient education events including but not limited to time, date, location, marketing, registration, agenda, presenters
- Work with professional volunteers to manage the agenda, presenters and with additional volunteers to support registration and other activities
- Secure funding to cover cost of programs
- Ensure cross-collaboration of walks and special events at all programs
- Act as primary contact for all support group volunteers
- Routinely communicate with all support volunteers and serve as Foundation liaison
- Arrange new volunteers to participate national onboarding
- Build relationships with the local gastroenterology offices and clinics to ensure that Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation patient education materials are available and distributed
- Coordinate strategic plan for at least 10 visits per month and track/enter monthly data
- Partner and collaborate with the Chapter Medical Advisory Committee- a group of physicians and health professional volunteers- with quarterly meetings
- Serve as the staff lead for the local mission committee, partnering with volunteers to better serve the needs of the local IBD patient and professional community
- Assist in recruitment and camper transportation for Camp Oasis, a weeklong, overnight summer camp program for children with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis
- Attend Camp Oasis in a supporting role to the Education Manager
- Participate in chapter events and activities, as applicable
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in program development and event management, preferably within a health-related organization, not-for-profit experience a plus.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented professional with strong organization skills and ability to multitask.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral, with a focus on collaboration.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with healthcare facilities, community organizations and volunteers.
- Vision and drive to strategically improve the services and programming offered in the community and increase disease awareness and engagement with the Foundation.
- Applicable skills in planning and budgeting, project management, and overseeing volunteer committees.
- Strong computer skills including word processing, PowerPoint, Excel and database applications preferred.
- Travel within the northern half of the state of California and the ability to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends) are required.
THE CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.