About us: The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation is a dynamic organization serving 1.6 million IBD patients in the United States through its research programs and a wide array of patient services. The Foundation has seen 50% revenue growth in the last 5 years and allocates 82 cents of every dollar raised to its mission activities. Our core values of accountability, communication, compassion, integrity, leadership, and partnership inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
Position Summary: A Chapter Deputy Executive Director works within a Chapter under the direction of the Executive Director or a Regional Director who is the Chapter's lead staff to provide staff leadership for volunteer engagement, driving revenue, and supporting the IBD community.
- BA/BS degree
- Seven years or more experience in not-for-profit fundraising.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation, public relations and/or stewardship.
- Previous experience in the identifying, recruiting and partnering with volunteers; Committee and/or Board experience a plus.
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic thinking, committee leadership, account management and volunteer development.
- Three years or more management experience in directly supervising staff.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the process to identify, develop, recruit, train, and motivate local leadership volunteers,
- Provide guidance to volunteers in carrying out assignments, recognition for their time and effort and key Foundation initiatives/accomplishments as appropriate.
- Play a lead role in assessing and enhancing existing committees as well as provide leadership and guidance.
Special Events & Fundraising:
- Identify and cultivate donors and revenue partners to maximize impact on special events, Take Steps, Team Challenge, and individual and foundation giving.
- Implement best practices to meet revenue targets through special events, individual and foundation gifts, Take Steps, Team Challenge, and other Chapter activities as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Help identify Honorees, Walk leadership and corporate sponsorship prospects. Recruit and cultivate as appropriate.
- Support the Chapter's organizational and administrative functions including maintenance of donor records.
- Recruit, select, train, develop and supervise staff, including performance planning and salary reviews as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Offer mentorship, advice, and assistance to Chapter staff and encourage camaraderie and collaboration in the work environment.
- Provide leadership to Chapter staff by facilitating strong communication across functional areas.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, the incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Work Environment: Some travel is required during weeknights and weekends. This position requires the individual to be out of the office and in the community.
Salary Maximum: $70,000 per year