Position Summary: The Senior Fundraising Campaign Manager will be responsible for building the Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis Walk in the New York City area to $1 million dollars over the next three years. They will accomplish this through strategic planning, volunteer recruitment and management, corporate relationships and creative thinking to execute the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's walk campaign. This position will provide leadership, vision and support to chapter volunteers to help maximize growth potential of the campaign.
- College graduate with relevant experience
- Minimum 5-6 years client-facing relationship building experience; fundraising and/or walk experience a plus
- Significant skills in planning, budgeting, and project management
- Able to manage and develop high and low level volunteers
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and businesses
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within the organization and the community
- Demonstrated understanding of Peer to Peer Fundraising
- Experience managing staff
- Committee management a plus
- Excellent computer skills
- Creative, out of the box thinker/problem solver
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision
- Sense of humor
- Meticulous attention to detail
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to show significant revenue growth in Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis to $1 million dollars by 2019.
- Develop and implement annual operational plan that includes detailed budget, team development, corporate development, volunteer development and logistic plans
- Oversee and attend all 3 chapter Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis Kickoffs and Walks as well as Awards Party
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate marketing strategies to recruit, acknowledge and retain event participants and sponsors
- Develop a marketing and promotional plan to enhance visibility and increase community awareness and participation in Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis
- Identify, recruit and mobilize business and community leaders to serve as volunteers and sponsors
- Recruit and provides staff support for volunteers, participants and committees required for the success of Take Steps
- Manage Take Steps Coordinator and Temporary Employees by providing clear direction, coaching, support and ongoing training.
- Tracks income and expenses associated with Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis
- Maintains working knowledge of The Foundation and its programs to address the mission of the organization
- Follow all campaign policies, procedures and best practices
- Manage the security and upkeep of Foundation facilities, equipment and documents
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Work Environment: Travel is required during weeknights and weekends. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working primarily in the field with time in chapter office as needed.
Note: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.